All Modern Technology Podcast Network™ audio productions, and all other multimedia content published on modern.technology, are Free Content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License unless specifically noted otherwise. You can download, reuse, remix, adapt, broadcast, and republish our CC-licensed content freely with our automatic permission so long as you credit Joyful Firefly, LLC as the reused material’s creator and modern.technology (or the exact page of modern.technology on which the material originally appeared) as the source, and share your version under the same or compatible terms. Licenses for reuse outside of this automatic license may be available, contact us with your queries.
For reuse and remixing purposes we recommend you make use of the high-quality FLAC files of our productions available on our page on the Internet Archive (rather than the lossy MP3s from the podcast feeds) as your source material. Here’s more info on our FLAC archives.
- Please note that if you make any additions, subtractions, remixes, or other changes to our material you can’t publish your version under the exact same title as any of our original podcasts (Modern Technology Breaks, Modern Technology Watches, etc.), use our “pink-eyes” logo, or publish your version under the Modern Technology Podcast Network or Joyful Firefly, LLC names because that’s us and we own those trademarks. Remixing is about putting your own creative spin on the existing material, not passing yourself off as the existing material’s creator, and we know you can come up with a cool name of your own for your project! We’re excited to see what you do using our stuff, and we’re always happy to help answer any further questions you might have about all this legal guff!
Behind the scenes, the Modern Technology Podcast Network is happily powered by Free Software. Among the F/LOSS software used in the production of our podcasts, our site, and associated doodads are:
- Audacity, Ardour, FLAC – Audio recording, editing, and postproduction
- OBS Studio – Recording and streaming
- OpenShot, Kdenlive – Video production
- GNU Image Manipulation Program, MyPaint, Inkscape – Graphics production and editing
- Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Kubuntu, Linux Mint – Operating systems on production computers
- Wordpress – This little old website
Some of the libraries and repositories of freely-licensed content we reuse and adapt in the production of our podcasts, our site, and such are:
Support Free Content! It’s the cool thing to do!