Unless specified otherwise, all music used on the Modern Technology Podcast Network is from the brilliant anthology The Final Selection by Torley Wong. Torley, a composer and multimedia artist whose work we’ve followed and admired for very many years, was kind enough to release The Final Selection under Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 license, under which we gratefully reuse it in our own Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 work here.
Very happily, despite the description in The Final Selection’s download page surrounding the circumstances of his then-retirement from music, he has since returned to music and continued to produce many other wonderful things. You can catch up on what Torley is up to lately at Torley.com.
- The Modern Technology Watches theme is “The Promise.”
Since Modern Technology Breaks episodes generally use far too many different cuts from The Final Selection to list their tracks out individually in the spoken credits, here’s a detailed breakdown of what tune was used when in which episode. Times given indicate when the tune started playing in the podcast (minutes:seconds).
- Modern Technology Breaks – Trailer 1
- The background music throughout is “Gritney Slits.”
- Very brief snippets of other music can be heard in the trailer’s clips from future episodes, which will be identified in the guides to those episodes on this page.
- Modern Technology Breaks – Episode 101
- 0:12 “First Try” (Our beloved theme music!)
- 1:47 “Artilies”
- 5:58 “Artilies”
- 7:19 “Chill Out”
- 7:42 “Acid Hop”
- 12:13 “Falling In Love For The Last Time (It Takes 2)”
- 12:36 “Cumulus”
- 14:02 “Chill Out”
- 16:20 “1 Number”
- 21:36 “Oblique Breaks”
- 22:34 “The Measure Of a Chinaman”
- 23:10 “Ambiet XIII”
- 25:58 “First Try” (It’s also our closing theme!)